Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry Curve 9360: NO SERVICE - ''Searching for network..''

Hi,

Basically my Blackberry Curve phone, the latest model, (9360 I think) has stopped recieving phone signal. It constantly reads ''Searching for network'' or ''No service''. I have changed sim cards, and it still doesn't work, I have wiped my phone, and it still doesn't work, I have checked my phone bill and there is no issues there. I have done several battery resets and it still fails to work! Any help would be extremely grateful as it is relatively new!

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360: NO SERVICE - ''Searching for network..''

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I recommend you go and talk to O2...it's their network you are trying to connect to, and for some reason can't. But only they can look at their network to see if there's something wrong on their side.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

I've spoken to o2 and it isn't an issue there, it's a fault on the phone!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

If they supplied you with the BB, then they have successfully fobbed you off. You see, if you bought the BB from them and pay for your services to them, then they are 100% responsible for all of your services. You are paying them money, and they are not delivering services. I'd think that you'd want to not let them fob you off this way...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackbery curve 9360
My Carrier: t-mobile

iv got the same problem but with t-mobile
My Device: blackbery curve 9360
My Carrier: t-mobile

iv got same problem but im with t-mobile,what do i do????????

Hall of Famer III

samthoamas96 wrote:

iv got same problem but im with t-mobile,what do i do????????

Hello,

You have the same problem...as in, TM successfully fobbed you off as well? If such is the case, then the advice already given applies to you as well...don't let them. You pay them for everything...escalate.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

I have a Curve 9380. I was using Nokia before this phone, but the network provider was the same.

With the same network provider and at the same location, the reception quality has gone to nearly zero now with this new phone. While the GSM network still comes in and goes out, data services are down for 90% of the time.

Is there anything that can be done? (The phone is less than 2 months old and under warranty.)

Hall of Famer III

hirenladva wrote:

Hi,

I have a Curve 9380. I was using Nokia before this phone, but the network provider was the same.

With the same network provider and at the same location, the reception quality has gone to nearly zero now with this new phone. While the GSM network still comes in and goes out, data services are down for 90% of the time.

Is there anything that can be done? (The phone is less than 2 months old and under warranty.)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Different devices work differently; it cannot be expected that different devices will behave exactly the same. However, that said, what you describe sounds further out of the normal range of difference than should be expected. But, there is nothing to "be done" with your BB. Rather, you should take it in for evaluation. Only hands-on by a technically qualified person can properly diagnose the situation. Whoever you purchased the BB from is responsible for such support and evaluation.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely check with the technical team wherever available. 

Btw, I re-checked the problem by using my SIM with another BB device (Curve 8520) and found that the other phone receives better signals than my 9380.

Do take this as a feedback for other 9380 phones.

Regards..