Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Cell C

Blackberry Curve 9380 Problem running V7.1.0.714

Hi

I upgrade my blackberry from version 7.1.0.234 to 7.1.0.714 and now I cannot set my mobile network to 2G network with the old version has an option only 2G. Is there a way to make it stayed on 2G Only?

Also I had a problem with my internet browser on board, While open a page it stated that a unexpected error has occur do u wish to reload the page,with the upgrade version still the same problem what can I do to solve it?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 9380 Problem running V7.1.0.714

bilal7777 wrote:

I upgrade my blackberry from version 7.1.0.234 to 7.1.0.714 and now I cannot set my mobile network to 2G network with the old version has an option only 2G. Is there a way to make it stayed on 2G Only?

Hi bilal7777

With those higher OS releases the option only "  2G " is not available ,your device will automatically catch the signal it recieves ,you can set it to " 2G & 3G " it will do the same as it was before.

bilal7777 wrote:

Also I had a problem with my internet browser on board, While open a page it stated that a unexpected error has occur do u wish to reload the page,with the upgrade version still the same problem what can I do to solve it?

Are you getting this error regularly or on specific websites.Try clearing your device Browser data at a regular interval if you are a heavy user and also a battery pull restart occasionally. To clear browser data Open Browser > Press the Menu Key > Options > Scroll down to " Clear Browser Data " ( Mark all field ) then hit Clear Now .Then perform a battery pull restart like this device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait a min. then re-insert it back.

Try it and see if problem resolves.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Cell C

Re: Blackberry Curve 9380 Problem running V7.1.0.714

prince2012 wrote:

bilal7777 wrote:

Hi bilal7777

With those higher OS releases the option only "  2G " is not available ,your device will automatically catch the signal it recieves ,you can set it to " 2G & 3G " it will do the same as it was before.

Okay so there is no way to keep on 2G only. Thank you

bilal7777 wrote:

Are you getting this error regularly or on specific websites.Try clearing your device Browser data at a regular interval if you are a heavy user and also a battery pull restart occasionally. To clear browser data Open Browser > Press the Menu Key > Options > Scroll down to " Clear Browser Data " ( Mark all field ) then hit Clear Now .Then perform a battery pull restart like this device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait a min. then re-insert it back.

Try it and see if problem resolves.

Ok will try it and let you know. Yes getting this error reularly.