Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Curve 9380 is malfunctioning, menu options, message editing automatically opening

I've purchased blackberry curve 9380 just 20days back. It's not working properly. If I'm composing a message or replying to any message, the cursor is moving here & there automatically. Also it's shows different options automotically without touching the device. Even if I come to home screen, OS is misbehaving & not giving me the proper response & automatically call are happening. I've already formatted the memory card & also tried to run m phone without memory card but behavior of the phone is same. Please let me know whether this problem is OS specific or hardware specific?

Mayur
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 9380 is malfunctioning, menu options, message editing automatically opening

Hi agg_mayur

Welcome to the Community

Have you tried a Battery Pull Restart if do it like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.Then see if problem resolves.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve 9380 is malfunctioning, menu options, message editing automatically opening

I'll do this & will let you know whether it solves the problem or not, because as I wrote it's a random problem. Thanks for your reply.
Mayur
Elite II

Hi agg_mayur

Also have a look when and why a Battery Pull Restart is needed in our BlackBerry Smartphone  Battery pulls on your BlackBerry - when, why and how .

Prince

Contributor

Hi Prince,

I've done hard reset which you've suggested me. For now I'm not facing that problem but now my phone's touch response is not that much smooth which was very good at the time of purchasing (It's kinda slow than earlier). Smiley Sad

I've also gone through the link which you have sent to me but it is not teling that behaviour which I had mentioned.

Mayur
Contributor

Hi All,

After working properly for 2-3 days, my phone again started malfunctioning. It's automatically opening the menu options, selecting the messages, opening the phone book.

Please tell me whats going on with my phone.

Mayur
Elite II

Hi agg_mayur

So if your problem reappearing I think it will be better To Reload your Device Software ,Follow the KB on how to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry Dvice software using Desktop Software. KB19915 .

Please try it and let us know.

N.B : Always Backup First .

Prince

Contributor

Hi,

While trying to update the device software, it's showing no updates are available for your phone, moreover it is also not showing

"Click Show Other Versions" option.

Please suggest how to proceed further.

Mayur
Elite II

[ Edited ]

Hi agg_mayur

Sorry for that Link its for Mac Computer for Windows Follow this  KB11320 .

Prince

Contributor

Hi,

I've tried to update my BB curve OS but this time it's asking for blackberry services to be activate

I've downloaded the latest BB device software on my PC & also deleted the vendor.xml from both places(users/.. & commonfiles/.. ) and ran the loader.exe from the Apploader folderbut couldn't succeed.

Is there any way to update OS without activating the BB services?

Mayur