Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve Drop Network After Turning It On

I have a blackberry curve with AT&T, recently it has started turning off the mobile network by itself. I use the on/Off function to turn it off, have not changed any of the settings that I know of, yet the following happens. I turn it on the for first time in the day, it gathers itself, collects emails, VM, etc., then it shows OFF in the mobile network. I go to network connections and sure enough, the mobile network is off. I turn it back on, and Ta-Da, it's back, and stays that way until I turn it Off/On again.It only seems to happen during the first "start-up" of the day. I do not use stand-by, or auto on-off, just the red "end call - On/Off Key" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve Drop Network After Turning It On

Just out of curiosity, what do you have your side convenience keys set to?

Options >Screen /Keyboard

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

I never encountered such problem.

When it happenes? Is there any particular time when it automatically shuts off itself?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I also have the Blackberry Curve 8310 for AT&T and sometimes I also need to turn the network back on. Don't no why it shut down on it own.
New Contributor

Convenience Keys are set to the defaults, Camera and Push to talk. It seems to happen right after I initially turn it on for the day, it gets my emails, shows voice mails, etc. Then it shuts off the mobile network. I go to make a call, and it prompts to restore connections. I either follow that prompt or have to go to the network page and turn on the mobile network from there. Sometimes it drops the network after a phone call as well. Finish a call, go to make another one and Bamm! the network is off again. Not sure what is causing this, and is fairly annoying, curve is only a few months old, and was new, not reconditioned at the time of purchase. Thanks.
Highlighted

Hi,

I have been having the same problem as well where the mobile network on my curve switches off on its own from time to time and i have to goto network settings and manually enable it again.

If anyone has a solution to this, do let me know.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks