Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Blackberry Curve dropped in sea water

Hi,

i dropped my phone in sea water a couple of months ago and my phone still wont work. When i dropped it, I let it dry in the sun and then I put it back together and the LED light was blue but apart from that, nothing is happening with the phone, ive tried chanrging it and everything but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions are appriectiated.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve dropped in sea water

Hi likmkavfc

Welcome to the Community

Sorry for what happened with your device. If a device got wet you can't say that it will work properly even after being repaired and those repairing cost are also high as compared to any other repair.As your device is dropped completely in water I don't think it will work well even after repair ,So I prefer buy a new device rather than repairing it .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks fr the reply. Just 2 days before i dropped it, it had got water damage from the rain so i got it repaired then for £23, so i think it can be repaired again but i get an uprgrade in October so i think I'll wait till then.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi liamkavfc

When our device get wet we had to follow certain rules  like never try to turn it on unless you are sure that the device is completely dry and yes I must say you are lucky if  you are able to repair that device at that much cost. Have a look at this Article : Got Your BlackBerry Wet? 

Yes you can try repairing your device but Updrade is a good choice .I wish you good luck. 

Prince