Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve keeps shutting off

My Blackberry Curve shuts off and I have to plug it in to restart it. Keeps showing the hourglass for a few minutes and then turns on, but only when plugged in. Is this common and is there another phone from T-Mobile that would be much better?

Thanks,

SJ

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve keeps shutting off

This is an issue that shouldn't be common in any phone, but is something I have never heard of happening with a blackberry. Try a new battery to see if that helps. If not then there might be an issue with the phone itself.
New Contributor

Thanks going now to get a new battery.

New Contributor

Hope it works for you. If not I say return the battery, and talk to a tech about it.
New Contributor

SJ,

I have the same problem..  I can be texting or on a call, and there will be no warning.  No low battery warning and the battery is showing a 1/2 to a 1/3 charge left.  Shuts down... Have to put on charger... and then it restarts with the hour glass.

Went by ATT store today.. all they could suggest was replacing phone...   No warranty and too soon to upgrade to the Bold or similar BB...  I'm trying the battery in my son's phone to see if it is the batter or a phone issue.

Regards,

Keith

New Contributor

Blackberry Curve warranty and battery problems

I went to a T-Mobile store this afternoon and replaced my battery - it seems to  be okay now. My Blackberry Curve goes out of warranty at the end of this week, so I hope that solved the problem permanently.

FOR ALL OF YOU TO KNOW: I found out AFTER the fact that if the Blackberry is still under warranty (1 year) - they will send you a new battery free of charge, BUT you have to go into the store, get a loaner phone and wait for the battery to be delivered.

Since I already bought my battery, they WILL NOT reimburse me for it. Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve warranty and battery problems

I swapped batteries with my son's and used all week.  No problems.  However, his BB using my battery had the same problems.  So, I've ordered a new battery for $14.

Keith

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Hello all and welcome to the forums.

I had this same problem until I upgraded to 4.5 OS - I have not had it happen again. Its going on 2 weeks.

They say its a software issue.

hope it gets resolved for you soon. It is annoying. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Nurse Berry, can you explain how to "get a new operating system"?  Sorry, but my phone has just started having the same issue--the hour glass comes on constantly and then it shuts down with no warning6-10 times a day, but the difference is that it restarts on its own.  I downloaded the DriveSafe.ly app ( text message reading app which I had used before with no problems) a couple of days ago and that's when the problem started--of course I have deleted it, but it just seems my system can't handle whatever it is trying to process! Smiley Sad