Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve password issue

My daughter just got a Blackberry Curve. She set the password and then she wasn't able to log back in. When she tried to enter the password, it actually showed the password in the field not asterisks. She talked to a Verizon Wireless person and he wasn't much help. He told her to let the Blackberry reset which she did. She tried setting the password again and she got the same results. The V. Wireless person said that shouldn't happen - I've never heard of that - go to a Verizon Wireless store. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Frustrated in Maryland

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Blackberry Curve password issue

If the device is less than 30 days old.  Go back to the store and tell them you have a 30 DOA.  Go to customer service, you don't need technical support.  Sounds like faulty software and you shouldn't have to reinstall it or anything like that.  Don't let them give you a FRU or field replacement unit.  You will get a new device if it's 30 days or less old. 

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Curve password issue

Excellent advice.

Well done JR!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter