Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve - problem adding a BBM contact

[ Edited ]
I have been successful in adding a few contacts to my BBM.  However, I have a new friend and tried adding him with no luck.  When I choose "add a contact" from the BBM contact list, it takes me directly to my address book.  I do not get a prompt to use a PIN.  In the past, I have been able to just click the name of the person I want to add and it sends them an email.  This is not working for my new contact.  I've been playing around with this for a week and can't figure it out by myself.  Anyone know the problem?  Thx.
Message Edited by dmeador316 on 07-11-2008 06:41 PM
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8130

Re: Blackberry Curve - problem adding a BBM contact

this has also happened to me, i have the BB pearl.  it worked fine for a few days, and now i don't get that option to even invite by email or pin.

[ Edited ]
I have a Pearl and I have not been able to add any contacts to BBM.  When receiving a contact request I accept and it sends the contact to a pending file and then never lets them know I accepted or establishes a contact.  Any advise???
Message Edited by asaunders on 07-25-2008 07:43 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

did you try the "regular way of things" ?
1) in the address book : create a contact with the PIN code or with the email address
2) in the Blackberry Messenger : add a contact by selecting it in the Address Book

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: cruve 8310 pearl 8100

Hi, 1. open BB messenger

2. click menu key

3.click add contact   you will go to address book...then

4.scroll up to USE ONCE

5.click menu key & select from there

new address  or request by pin   or request by email

Hope this helps

My mom has a blackberry curve 8310 and her phone keeps telling her she needs to install the software, is it possible that her phone didn't come with it? I thought all blackberrys came with bbm. She did get the phone through her work, so I don't know if that matters. Please let me know if you have any advice, I live far from her so I'm trying to help her add me through text so it has been difficult.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

If she got the phone from work then she is probably on BES. Her IT has probably blocked the use of BB Messenger.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!

Ok, she said she added her co-worker and it worked fine, but when we try to add eachother it just keep saying pending, any suggestions? I'm guessing it's not blocked and she doesn't need the software since she added her co-worker.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

But her IT department can block the use of BB messenger outside the company. I'm sure if she asks they will tell her.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
My Device: Blac berry curve 9300
My Carrier: me

cus I saw your user name id thought id ask you

I have just got a new bb 9300 

it is unlocked and works with my voda sim fine as well as my sky home wifi what I am having trouble is my bbm when I add my friends they say they cannot  see my invitation and vice versa I think I have it set up as I have been to various sites telling me different things I thought I would come to the support site can you help me please I cannot add a contact by pin or receive  a pin request from myfriends