Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: CURVE 8520
My Carrier: GLOBE

Blackberry Curve won't fully boot

Earlier today, my Curve 8520 was hanging. I could not access any of the applications, while in the middle of the screen was a black square which meant that my phone was loading/processing something. Since it took a while, I decided to take of the battery and simply reboot. When it started booting, it stopped at around 75% finished. And then it would stay there for over half an hour. Also I noticed, when I boot, usually the red light blinks. But this time, my phone shows it's booting but there is no blinking from the led. 

Would I need the desktop manager because I just got my computer reformatted and so I would have to reinstall the software again if I am to resolve this issue?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve won't fully boot

Hello themanwashere

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are many ways to reinstall or load the OS on our BlackBerry but first can you confirm if  you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully !

If you have then first try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options  > Application  > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

--------------------------------------------------------------

If above fails and you're unable to boot your device on safe mode then you have to Reload the OS but as you're device is not booting , it will not allow a simple OS reload , Go through those Knowledge Base it may  help you to recover your device :

• KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • KB27956  : How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.