Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Desktop Manager Mac...Sync's Some New Contacts

Some new contacts sync onto blackberry and some don't.  I can add one and it will sync perfectly...Add another and it won't sync.  Any ideas?  I believe I deleted Pocket Mac and the beta version completely.  I am using a Tour.  Thanks!!!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager Mac...Sync's Some New Contacts

Hmm.. I think I've seen this problem before. Are you using Mac OSX Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x)?

I'm guessing you're on Leopard (10.5.x)?

I'm thinking there might be 2 things possibly happening, both of which is leading to the problem you're seeing:

1) When you create a new contact in Apple Address Book, and you are still in "Edit-mode" (the Edit button) is glowing blue, then the contact hasn't really been created yet. When you click Sync in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, it looks in sync services and it doesn't see the contact (cause it wasn't really created yet). Then, when you leave "Edit" mode, the contact is supposed to get created, but because you tried to sync while the contact was in edit mode, the contact doesn't really get created in Sync Services properly.

The solution to this is to just delete the contact, created a new one, and make sure you exit edit mode, before you click Sync in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

2) You may be exiting "Edit" mode, and then clicking "Sync" in BlackBerry Desktop Manager way too quickly. After you create a contact in Apple Address Book, it usually takes 5-10 seconds max for it to register in Sync Services correctly. 

The solution is to just wait maybe 10 seconds after you leave "Edit" mode. (When you leave "Edit" mode, the contact is created). After waiting 10 seconds, try clicking "Sync" in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Let me know if this helps.

------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager Mac...Sync's Some New Contacts

Thanks DeepBlade.  Let me give this a try and get back to you.  It seems like this may be the issue.  If you hit the sync button in under 10 seconds, would that contact never sync (not on future sync's either)?