Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac tries to Delete calendar appointments when syncing?

Same frustrating problem when syncing my Curve 8350 with Entourage on Macbook Pro (I also tried it with iCal - no difference). Sometimes it works fine. Other times recently added appointments get deleted in both places, and sometimes they just get deleted in Entourage.  What the heck is going on? How can we make it sync like it should?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac tries to Delete calendar appointments when syncing?

Same problem here EVERY BB that I've had. Apart from syncing I love the device, but this is pretty ridiculous that a smart phone can't sync calendars properly. Let me know if any of you found resolution. I've also switched those settings 5 million times and no positive outcome.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I've got the latest update of Desktop Manager, and the deletion problem has stopped; but I find that if I edit recurring events in Entourage, they don't sync to the BB.  Changing recurring events in the BB seems to sync OK to Entourage.  

I check the calendar option on Desktop Manager to sync just with Entourage. 

I dunno - problems are less dire now, but it's still annoying to have to remember to change recurring events in the BB.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Lucky you. I have the latest one but still have the problem. It would sync perfectly fine the first two times, I made *NO* changes to any events and it's doing it. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
My Carrier: Orange

I know this is an old topic but I'm still having the problem. However I do have a slight solution. It doesn't completely fix the problem but it does help a little bit. 

When you get the message about the sync changing calendar events go into your calendar and export an archive file of your entire calendar. Then sync your bb. It will delete the appointments but once it has done that import your backup to replace all your appointments. Once they have all been replaced try syncing again. 

I have done this and the second sync works.