Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

"This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration."

I wasn't referring to here per se - just in general. I'm registered for updates and communications with RIM via email. Wouldn't be hard just to say there were early issues of this sort to give us the choice to upgrade. Seeing that it was a 7.x vs 6.x release I went for it, but a 7.0 - I should have known better. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: rogers

The same thing is happening with me as well, I have the torch 9800 and syncing is taking forever.  It also changed my outlook settings with all my contacts, as well as it now wants to delete all of my old calendar events which I need to keep.  BB Desktop 7 is really ticking me off! If it wasn't perfected, then they should not have released it!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am only taking the time to register my frustration here so give RIM a clearer number of the number of users who are getting fed up with them..... Releasing a tool as crucial as Desktop prematurely is inexcusable and causes the most damage to their most loyal clientele, the business user , who has little time to downgrade......

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

KevinG72 wrote:
Wouldn't be hard just to say there were early issues of this sort to give us the choice to upgrade. Seeing that it was a 7.x vs 6.x release I went for it, but a 7.0 - I should have known better. Smiley Happy

Well, RIM is finally responding, check one of the many other threads on this issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

It's not just disappointing but shamefull on RIM first for coming up with such 'flawless' upgrade secondly, not responding to the problems in supersonic speed when they call themselves as Business Solution Phone/Service provider......
New Contributor

Cool.  Peoples' points are valid, though - as business users we're in much greater need of a reliable sync function than the typical iPhone user, i'd say.

New Contributor

There's also version 6.0 (with upgrade avail) on rogers.com/support

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Someone... having the "preparing sync view" issue: 

try something for me, a solution...

Do a custom backup and UNcheck the Social Feeds from that.

See how the backup or sync proceeds, and let us know here?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I got 7.0.0.43 to work on my Windows XP system:

1) selected device> forget device

2) reconnected bold 9900 to set up new partnership

3) chose to sync all organiser data from device to computer (deleting all organiser data on computer)

4) synced successfully

5) changed preferences to 2-way sync

6) synced successfully again

My Device: Torch 99810
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Not only does the DTS hang at two way sync, it will not back up my PlayBook. I can sync one way on my Torch 98910, but not two way.  I am running Windows XP. The same thing happens on my Windows Vista computer.  Whoever approved this release should have checked it out to make sure it would actually work.  Does not look good, RIM, to release a DTS update that doesn't function. 

Since RIM does know this problem exists (if it doesn't, then it must be contemplating it's navel in a cave somewhere), the least they should do is communicate what they are doing to fix and not allow the DTS to be downloaded until it is fixed. 

Outside of a dog, reading is man's best friend...inside it's too dark to read.