Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9780; OS 6.0.0.650
My Carrier: TMo

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

Someone... having the "preparing sync view" issue: 

try something for me, a solution...

Do a custom backup and UNcheck the Social Feeds from that.

See how the backup or sync proceeds, and let us know here?

Trying to get takers for your suicide mission on Crackberry.

m

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Problem solved

I downloader the the previous working version http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html

I won't update my current version anymore.

I will sell my on Ebay and buy an IPhone while RIM  still has some  kind of value. I bet they will be on bankrupty before the end of this year.

Problem solved

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Can someone from RIM please respond to this problem?  this is absurd.  I just uninstalled version 7...am downloading old version 6...and will never upgrade again.  Nor will I purchase Blackberry again.  And they wonder why they've lost market share to iPhones and Androids?

My Device: 8530 Bold

Unless you want to pay $50. Call your Cell Phone Provider first to be transfer to RIM.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

JuliaDance wrote:

Can someone from RIM please respond to this problem?

They did, in several of the other dozen threads people have created on this issue. Today.

Here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/New-Desktop-s-w-7-0xx-bundle-044/m-p/...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

max221 wrote:

JSanders wrote:

Someone... having the "preparing sync view" issue: 

try something for me, a solution...

Do a custom backup and UNcheck the Social Feeds from that.

See how the backup or sync proceeds, and let us know here?

Trying to get takers for your suicide mission on Crackberry.

m

Cool... I don't know if it will solve it, I was told by one person who SHOULD know, that it would.

I dunno.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

The answer from RIM Technical Staff:

Hello everyone,

We are aware of users reporting this issue of synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Please be patient as we are investigating the issue.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

My 9300, OS 7.X, had this problem and I have no social feeds whatsoever, either on the BB or on the desktop, and had long ago uninstalled all social feeds from the BB.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

If its windows you have to uninstall Dsesk top manager through your control panel. Download Vesion 6 and then install it. You will also have to probably reset your sync parameters within DTM

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/BlackBerry-Desktop-Manager-Download-140754.html

Its painful but I had the problem yesterday immediately upon upgrading and a coupld of us figured out the only solution seemed to be reverting around mid night last night

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

*****SOLUTION********

Well maybe not a "true" solution, but easier than deinstalling and reinstalling.  This is my set-up:  BB tour 9630, Win7 OS, MS-Outlook sync of contacts, calendar, memo, tasks.  Usually do a two-way synch so that data in both device and computer up-to-date.   This is ***KEY*** to my work around.

In desktop software turn off all oganizer data.  Turn on one by one and synch.  I started with memo/notes and I only have a few on both device/computer.  Did a two synch, and it worked, no "preparing sync preview" error.  Tested synch by adding a note in device and computer, and it successfully synched.

turned off notes, and turn on task, did the same as above, with success.  It did discover "past" unsynched items which I resolved.

Tried next, a one way (from Outlook to device) synch of contacts.  SInce as I stated above, I usually (or so I thought) kept contacts synced, I knew they should be okay.  Synch worked, took a minute or so to get past "preparing sync preview" but worked.  I then turned on two way, added a recorded in both, and it worked again.

turned off contacts, and did the same with calendar.  Unfortunately a lot more conflicts (in past, not future) than I thought and for some reason it added to my outlook in "past" only (prior to this week) double entries.  However, I got through the error and added a record from both device/computer. 

Turned on all organizer items, and it synchs fine now.