Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

Interesting fix - did it still work today - I got mine working on Wednsday - only to find other major issues yesterday.  Gave up after hours of work and went back to V6.1. 

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Sporadicly works.  seems like when it hangs, if I go back to one way synch, it finds errors?  I really don't have more time to devote to this.  Any clue on or have your seen re: RIM hotfix?  I don't have the older version available.

Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

Several prior posts list places, other than RIM, from which to download DM 6.X

As an aside, it  took about 20 minutes but the sync preview finally appeared, trying to resolve hundreds of supposed conflicts.  Once I worked through them, by giving a global command, DM 7 has worked just fine.

New Contributor

Hi - haven't seen any hotfix yet - but see link supplied by

on p6 of this thread - goes to a site where you can download 6.1 - I've done that and it worked fine.  You will need to uninstall V7 and clear the settings (i.e. complete uninstall) then install from scratch redfine the phone and re-setup the synchonisation.  This is a regular pain in the a*** but at least it's working now - well at least I hope it is - my faith has taken a bit of a knock. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I wish you all the best - I had the duplicated calendar entries etc. which I "worked through" (and which kept coming back) but also all the national holidays entries becaem two days on the device, 1 day in Outlook  - I couldn't reolve that - and all my contacts entries had an extra 3 - 4 lines inserted in the address - which I had to delete manually.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8830
My Carrier: telefonica

fustrating isn´t it? maybe RIM wants us all to migrate to Android or Mac. I´ve been always a RIM fan, but it is really fustrating, very disgusted with them

Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

OK, so all is not sweetness and light, even when things finally work:  Although DM 7 did ultimately sync with OS 7 and my 9930, all past calendar dates did double-enter, and some but not all future dates did double-enter.  Go figure.

What a  RIM mess because syncing with Outlook seamlessly, by plugging in your phone, and not using some third-party vendor, has been the single best and most important selling feature of BBs for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

RIM is actively working on a fix to version 7 but has reverted to the prior version of Desktop Manager on their website. I recommend uninstalling version 7 and reverting to version 6.10. I have communicated my displeasure directly to a senior RIM employee.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah, had to download 6.1, uninstall 7 and install 6.1.  Then just setup the sync ruls again and I was working.  Didn't have to delete the device, but maybe I was lucky.  I do have some duplications in the Calendar of recuring events.  I guess Rim just wanted to keep me busy.  How thoughtful of them.  Wouldn't want to be bored on a Friday night.

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. This is a business device for us, not an iToy. We have wasted hours and hours on this.

I am off to choose a new platform for us this afternoon, either Droid or the new Windows phone.

They have shut us down for the last time. DONE!!