Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device

Hi everyone,

I have a Blackberry Curve 9220, Globe Telecoms, running on OS 7.xx.xxxx (did't know which)

I have restored it via phone to delete all data because im planning on giving it to my sister.

It already rebooted and the data wipe has been done. But when I turn it off and inserted a sim card, theres no more power on it. So, I decided to connect it to the blackberry.com/updates then it showed the 

Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device

so I clicked on retry but does not work then I clicked "Update" it showed

Confirm device repair so I clicked repair

then it goes to Checking for Blackberry Updates

then it showed "There was an error updating your software" A connection to the device could not be established.

Having trouble with this because my Blackberry Device Manager Properties showed connected device which is

Device: Blackberry (0)

and on my PCs device manager displays 

BlackBerry Smartphone and properly installed with no exclamation marks.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device

Hi! Welcome to the community.

Are you sure the wiping was succesfully performed?

Before anything else you need to boot up your device before connecting to the computer.

Remove the battery for 5 minutes and put it back in. If it does not open, plug it to a wall charger for maximum 2 hours. See if it boots.
Goodluck.