Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software.msi missing

The install programs ending .EXE which are downloaded from Blackberry are self-extracting, compressed files.

The .MSI file is compressed inside them. Just right-click on the .EXE file instead of double-clicking and select Extract Here or Extract To. (Probably best to have a clean folder for this, as there are a lot of files compressed inside). You will then see the .MSI.

To install the Desktop Manager, double-click on Setup.exe or BlackberrySetup.exe, (NOT the .MSI file or any file beginning with an underscore, e.g. _setup.exe). When finished, best to shut down Windows and power-up again, as some Registry entries are only read at startup time, and a cold boot flushes any old entries from RAM.

Then you should  find that the Control Panel options for Uninstall and Repair will work fine, because it can find the .MSI file.   Smiley Happy

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you NZIMARDO! 

My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Etisalat

Thank you, "HKEY LOCAL MACHINE when registry editor opens  . then SOFTWARE and find RESEARCH IN MOTION delete the whole folder ! click yes when prompted. now try uninstall again it wont give you an error", worked for me.