Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Desktop Sync has no Outlook Link

I just did a fresh install of the Blackberry Desktop (v4.5 and v4.3) and when I try to setup syncronization my MS Outlook 2000 is not listed.  This has worked for me before.  Any ideas what I'm missing?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Blackberry Desktop Sync has no Outlook Link

hi pwoods,

Desktop manager 4.3 and 4.5 do not support Outlook 2000.  Please download 4.2 service pack 2 and this will correct your issue.

Cheers

Developer

It doesn't correct the issue because 4.2 sp2 does not support my blackberry curve!

Where do I download the driver for the curve?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

[ Edited ]

I see, there are two things that can help you with drivers:

1) When you plug in the BlackBerry the found new hardware wizard comes up, choose to use windows update to look for a driver, it is there.

2) Copy the drivers from your DTM 4.3 or 4.5 install to your desktop then copy them back after you install DTM 4.2.  The drivers are located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers

Cheers!

Message Edited by Bolder on 07-14-2008 05:51 PM
Developer

Good advise.  I finally got it to work.  After uninstalling and installing like an **bleep** for a few hours I finally figured out that you need to first install 4.3, copy the USB Drivers folder that Bolder mentioned and then paste it someplace else.  Uninstall 4.3, install 4.2 sp2 and when it comes up asking for the driver (you can use windows update but it caused an error in mine) just point it to the usb drivers folder and everything works.  Of course this wouldn't have been a problem if my IT department just upgraded my PC to Outlook anything but 2000.  arg.

Thanks for all the help guys, Paul.

p.s. Fast reponses too!

I think that I am experiencing a similar issue - using the 8703e handset.  Trying to synch my outlook to the device and usin DTM 4.1.1.  Any suggestions?

Dear all,

I too have a Curve & Office 2000.  I tried to follow the steps that pwoods outlined, but when I try to run 4.2 sp 2 I get the following error message: "C:\SW Installers\Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 (English).exe is not a valid Win32 application."  Any ideas what is causing this or how I can fix this?

Thank you.

I actually ran chkdsk and it worked the next time i attempted to synch.