Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Desktop for Blackberry Curve 8330

Greetings

I need to know which software to download on my desktop my wife lost my disk. I have Windows Vista.

Please help me Be Blessed

Minister Foust

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Blackberry Desktop for Blackberry Curve 8330

[ Edited ]

Go here, and select BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7 from the drop down, then click the link of the version you want.

I strongly recommend using a single language version without Media Manager.  Roxio Media Manager is a memory hog, increadably unstable, and adds 200 Megs to just the download - probably close to another 400 Megs additionall once installed.  In my experience (I do support for a very large company), it has been incompatable with EVERY Roxio product already installed (our firm uses basic Roxio products for CD burning software).

Click here if you want the English version without Media Manager.

Once you download the package, Right Click on it and select Run As Administrator if you're installing under Vista*.

If you need the OS for your BlackBerry, click on the link to your carrier here.

If you're not on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), you can also plug your device into your computer, and use IE to go here.   Once there, click the [Update] button, accept any ActiveX modules requested, and if an update is available for your device (based on model and carrier), you can install it right from there without any other software installed.

If you're looking for applications for your device, go to:

http://forums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=322

on your BlackBerry for an extensive list of programs - most free and most can be installed OTA (Over The Air - no Desktop Manager needed).

*When I install a new version of Desktop Manager, I use a package like WinZip to extract the file I download to an empty directory (which I'm not going to delete), and then BlackBerrySetup.exe from that directory to install Desktop Manager.  The reason I do this is because I use the Modify option under Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features under Vista) to change my configuration between BES and BIS often (as I said, I'm in Support).  If you just run the EXE you download, the .MSI file needed to be able to do this is saved in the %TEMP% directory, and is often lost.  This typically won't happen to the average user, but it certainly doesn't hurt - it's exactly the same as running the EXE you download.

Message Edited by JerryD on 02-21-2009 06:25 AM
Message Edited by JerryD on 02-21-2009 06:26 AM
Message Edited by JerryD on 02-21-2009 06:26 AM
Jerry