01-31-2009 12:08 AM
Hi, I just installed Blackberry Desktop to see what it was all about. I clicked on "application loader" and thought that I would be able to install new apps. I did not see that I could, but I did see that I could remove some apps. I decided to remove two apps that I did not use too much. This worked. However, it removed my entire "home" or "main" screen 6 icons. I can't find my messages or e-mail icons, and when I registered for this forum, my e-mail did not appear anywhere on the blackberry. I did not backup my system, as I did not think it was that big of a deal to simply remove some apps using the desktop software.
After looking on here, I reset the theme, however, I still cannot see or find any messages. Thank you.
01-31-2009 12:24 AM
Now that I recall, there was actually a series of errors associated with the removal of the applications.
1. Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
2. Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error
3. Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a) timeout
4. Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
5. Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
6. Uncaught exception: ApllicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a) timeout
These reappeared when I took the battery out, reinserted it, and powered on the blackberry.
01-31-2009 02:07 AM - edited 01-31-2009 02:08 AM
Ok, you need to reload the Software, follow this link
01-31-2009 12:27 PM
Ok, that took me to some updated Blackberry Desktop software. I have connected the device to the computer, but I still cannot resolve my issue. Is there a way to perform a clean installation of the operating system?
02-01-2009 01:35 AM