Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Desktop

Hi, I just installed Blackberry Desktop to see what it was all about. I clicked on "application loader" and thought that I would be able to install new apps. I did not see that I could, but I did see that I could remove some apps. I decided to remove two apps that I did not use too much. This worked. However, it removed my entire "home" or "main" screen 6 icons. I can't find my messages or e-mail icons, and when I registered for this forum, my e-mail did not appear anywhere on the blackberry. I did not backup my system, as I did not think it was that big of a deal to simply remove some apps using the desktop software.

After looking on here, I reset the theme, however, I still cannot see or find any messages. Thank you.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Desktop

Now that I recall, there was actually a series of errors associated with the removal of the applications.

1.       Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

2.       Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

3.       Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a) timeout

4.       Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

5.       Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

6.       Uncaught exception: ApllicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a) timeout

These reappeared when I took the battery out, reinserted it, and powered on the blackberry.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

[ Edited ]

Ok, you need to reload the Software, follow this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

Message Edited by urumilton on 01-31-2009 02:08 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Ok, that took me to some updated Blackberry Desktop software. I have connected the device to the computer, but I still cannot resolve my issue. Is there a way to perform a clean installation of the operating system?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Why you can't?, upgrade the desktop if you want and follow the steps provided in the link.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.