Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Device Switch Hangs on Blackberry Desktop Manager

Hello 

I am trying to update from a 9800 to a 9810 using the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac. The original device completes its backup, but as soon as it asks to switch to the new device it hangs at halfway on the progress bar. I left it overnight and it had not moved at all. 

I have attempted to do the device switch with one device plugged in at a time, both devices plugged in at the same time, and plugging in the new 9810 and attempting a 'restore' from the most recent backup rather than a device switch. When this happens, the progress bar doesn't even begin and no databases are listed as updating. 

In any of these situations, when I select "stop" it hangs and does nothing. 

Please help! 

MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8, Blackberry Desktop Software V.2.2.1 build 7 (most recent), 9800 to 9810. 

My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Blackberry Device Switch Hangs on Blackberry Desktop Manager

I am having the same issue, did you find a fix? I cannot seem to get the status bar to move at all.

New Contributor
My Device: 9810

No fix. 

Eventually found a friend's Windows laptop, downloaded the PC version of the Desktop Manager software and was able to transfer devices in about 15 minutes. 

Waiting on support for the Mac Desktop Manager for ongoing use - haven't yet tried to manage music, videos, etc. through Mac client. 

My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks, I am starting to think that using a PC is my only option as well. 

Enjoy your new device! 

Cheers.