Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Email Setup Fail

That solution worked.   Thanks for sharing.  For now I will wait until RIM pushes out a fix.  Thanks again.

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Solution to Blackberry Email Setup Fail

(i posted this on CB as well but maybe some of you will find this info useful)

ok, i registered just to post this reply... much like the rest of you, i have been struggling with getting the email app to update along with the VZW OS update as well... after bricking my phone 4-5 times now, i seem to have gotten it working... so here's what i did different this most recent time... hopefully this works for some of you...

the first 4-5 times i bricked my phone i did the OS update through Blackberry Desktop Software (on Mac if it matters), then when i tried to upgrade the email setup app, it would install then freeze the bb when it rebooted and it never came back up... so this last time, i decided to restore it to .431, and did the OS update OTA... it came back up... i held my breathe and did the email setup app upgrade, and Voila! all seems to be working normally again! =) needless to say, i am thrilled to have it working again, as this was annoying the heck out of me and lead to many sleepless nights these past few nights  all my apps are still gone so i know what i'm doing tonight... reinstalling all the apps that got wiped out, but all in all, i guess things could be worse...

so maybe this will work for those of you that seem to be experiencing the same problem... i'd be curious to see if it was the same issue...

good luck! i know how frustrating this can be!!!

Regards,

Jeff

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650 and playbook
My Carrier: sprint

Excuse my ignorance but how do I reinstall the OS if I cant get past the error 606 screen?

Joe

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

@joe

Connect your phone and start desktop manager, you should be prompted to update.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

I'm also having the email problem.  Bold 9780 T-Mobile 6.0.0.448.  Cant send or recieve email.  when I try and set up the email, I get an error message saying the the email application has envountered an error and cant contiune.  I went to t-mobile website and cant find the option to resend service books.  And the service book option is not available from the phone any more either.  Contacted t-mobil customer service and they say its a RIM problem.  I pulled the battery, wiped the phone and now am reloading the OS6 software.  we will see what happens 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

When i try to restore it it says restoration failed... i have no idea what to do now

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, 

Just a quick info i followed Jeff212 (hope i got his name correctly) instruction and it did worked on my end

info:

Unit/Model :  Blackberry Bold 9780

Carrier        :  T-Mobile

Desktop      :  iMac Snow Leopard

What I noticed is 2 things when I do the update using Blackberry Desktop Manager it update my Blackberry Bold 9780 OS to 6.0.0.448 (which is the build its tries to download from the server and the build that has conflict with the email set up), so what i did is restore my 9780 to the Pre-Update version which is 6.0.0.285 then once everything is downgraded what i did is a Over The Air update on my 9780 (2 things you can update using WiFi connection or you wireless data connection a.k.a 3G or what ever it is you may have) i noticed using WiFi it takes so long to a point it doesn't update so I disable WiFi and use Mobile Network and the update that it shows is 6.0.0.1879 which is the bundle that the Email set up is looking for, took me almost 1 hour or so to finish... set up my email, download the update that prompts you do download, install and... there its all set up. it worked!!!

Hope this helps... 

if this does not work on your end pls let us know some info 

what model you using?

what carrier?

what desktop or computer you using? (PC/Mac)

did you follow the rules?

reason for me adding this stuff so people could better assist/help you...

Contributor

going to try that now, downgrade to the previous OS version, set up email, then update OS

Contributor

didnt work for me, now the email setup says application error can not continue

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

jbunceiii sorry to hear  that it didnt work for you but mind telling us whats your info: like are you using bb 9780 what carrier and computer/desktop you are using PC or Mac?

coz the one that jeff212 posted works on me and i have 9780 not sure with different model but i hope it all works on all models...so people could better assist you...