Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry Erased?

OK, my blackberry just stopped connecting to my computer via USB for some reason.  Ever since I owned it, it connected perfectly, until recently my computer would not see the device.  So I installed the Blackberry software to connect my device.  I recently changed my password and KNOW I was typing it right, but it continued to give me an error saying I was typing it wrong.  Now it says it's erasing my info!  Anything I can do about this???  This is a work phone, and now what?

Thanks for any info,

Paul

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Erased?

If it's the password you set on your phone and you've entered it incorrectly ten times in a row, your BlackBerry will erase all personal information on your phone.  There's nothing you can do to stop it, it's a security feature.  If you insist that you're typing the password in correctly then someone has got ahold of your phone, has entered the correct password then has reset it to something else.  The only thing you can do is restore your phone with a data backup, which hopefully you've done with BlackBerry Desktop Software.

I hope that answers your question.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

It has answered half of it except for the "What now" portion.  What can I do, throw away the phone?  I will already have to shamefully go into work and say it deleted everything.  What should I tell them to do for the phone?

Highlighted
New Contributor

No need to comment, looks like the phone starts back up as a brand new phone with all info erased...  I'll have to bring it into work and have them reconfigure it.  Worst security feature IMO...  Have it lock the phone out or something, not erase all info on it.  Bit disgruntled BB user, but hey, the phone is free from work... Smiley Tongue