Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Error Code 0x80040fb3

I have been successfully periodically syncing my Blackberry Storm to my Desktop Manager for months. Today I repeatedly received an error mid-way through the sync: 

Blackberry Error Code 0x80040fb3.  I have re-booted both the computer and device with no success.

The Storm is a model 9530 and the Desktop Manager is v4.7.

Would appreciate learning whether other's have had this problem and how to fix it. Thanks. -SL

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Error Code 0x80040fb3

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are 3 public KBs that reference that error code. I suggest you go here:

and search on the code, then inspect the results for anything useful.

Further, DTM 4.7 has been updated...the current version is 5.0.1.28 and is fully compatible with all the same PIMs as 4.7. You might consider updating. You can DL versions here:

I do suggest taking, with your current version, a full backup before changing anything so that you can be sure you have a source file to recover from...one never can be too careful.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: AIS

Re: Blackberry Error Code 0x80040fb3

This is an older post, so I assume it is corrected?

I updated my desktop software to version 6 and had the same problem. Thought I was toast and was getting ready to go back to my old Palm Pilot system. Then someone suggested removing my battery then try again. 

That fixed it.