Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: 8330

Blackberry Facebook Application Error

So I just got my Torch on the weekend. I completed the setup for my home network and started testing the different functions of the phone. The Youtube, Internet Browser and Facebook app all worked great.  When I purchased the phone on Saturday the supplier had put me on a 25 dollar data plan but on Monday I changed the  plan to unlimited email and text messages and removed the rest of the 3g data plan. Since then I have not been able to use the Blackberry Facebook application and get the following error message. (We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)) Now the only way to access Facebook is via the browser which is much less user friendly! So my question is WHY does the bb Facebook app no longer function using my wifi connection???? Shouldn't all the applications work using the wifi connection in my home and office? I have read on other forums that getting the unlock code for the phone may eliminate this problem but I'm not sure of the implications of doing this! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I must say though….this is one great piece of gear! 

Eric  

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

Re: Blackberry Facebook Application Error

applications prefer wi fi network if connected, but a BIS data plan has to be activated in order for them to work

hope that helps.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: 8330

Re: Blackberry Facebook Application Error

Isn't unlimited email and texting part of the bis data plan?