Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve
My Carrier: att

Blackberry HS-700 Wireless Headset (Bluetooth)

I recently purchased the Blackberry HS-700 Wireless headset (bluetooth) which came with two ear hooks. Both ear hooks have broken and I need to obtain additional ear hooks. I can't find them anywhere and am getting no assistance from Blackberry. Does anyone know how/where to get them?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry HS-700 Wireless Headset (Bluetooth)

I dont know of a place to get them yet.

Some have said that ebay or amazon have a similar type that you can use.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: HS- 700 headset
My Carrier: N/A

I have the same problem with my HS-700. After emails to RIM, shopblackberry.com, and phone calls to RIM's HQ in Ontario, where I was given the runaround, same stupid, scripted answers. Since I now CANNOT use my headset, and RIM's solution is to replace my $120 headset with another because of a crappy 2 cent part, I am returning the headset to Best Buy, and will NEVER buy anything from RIM/Blackberry ever again. If anyone from corporate HQ happens to read this, it's customer service like this that has your stock price in the toilet, and stock analysts recommending to investors not to buy your stocks.

My Device: HS- 700 headset
My Carrier: N/A

BTW, knottyrope, nothing that I have found on eBay nor Amazon even comes close. Waste of time to even try looking.

My Device: curve
My Carrier: att

Thank you for the response.

I still can't find them so if HQ does find a way for the willing (but not necessarily happy) consumer to pay probably $10 for this 2 cent item, please let me know.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I actually like the bluetooth and am trying to be a satisfied customer but for some reason, blackberry doesn't want me to be happy nor wants my money.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Roger's

If somebody has a source for these earhooks, please don't keep it a secret.  Not having replacement parts is sure a crappy way to do business.

Regular Visitor
My Device: Blackberry HS-700 Bluetooth Headset
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'm also looking to buy the HS-700 at Futureshop this week as it's on sale and after reading reviews, I came across this forum and saw that the ear hooks break, and so I went looking like you all did and came across this... 

http://www.cellularstore.com/product-20141-Scala+500+Ear+CampC+Eyeglasses+Hook+Black. I don't know it will fit. But it sure looks sturdy.

Also I found this site of ear hooks...

http://www.thefind.com/electronics/info-replacement-ear-hook#page=13

Would not another type of ear hook fit the headset?

thanks,

goderichgreg

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

it is possible it will fit. i have yet to break mine on my HS 500 from 2 years ago.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I went through a lot of this for the HS-700. If you think you see one that will fit, you are taking a gamble. The end size, and the loop shape and size have to be correct for the diamentions of the earphone itself, and including to fit properly around the ear.

I ended up making one myself out of some brass tubing that is used for clock repairs. Then I rubber coated it. I used the old broken pieces as a reference for the diamentions and fit.

This is terrible that there are no spare parts available for such an expensive accessory! Many of the stores are now warning their customers that there are no spare parts for the Blackberry Bluetooth earphones. They are telling their customers to buy other makes who do give support for their earphones. They are tired of having angry customers come back to the store.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I've had the same problem as everyone else.  Not only did I snap the 2 earhooks that came with my HS700 but I broke both of my husband's as well.  But I've made a very serviceable replacement using a large plastic-covered paperclip.  It needs a bit of tweaking but it took me all of 5 minutes to make and saved probably $20 by the time I bought replacement hooks (only available from US suppliers!  Go figure!) and paid the postage.  NOT willing to buy a whole package of earbuds that I won't use to get ONE earhook.  Come on, Blackberry - you're supposed to be making your reputation by having happy customers.  These little gadgets should be available in 10-packs at every Staples.