Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Blackberry ID - New BOLD 9900

Hi, I am trying to set up a new BOLD 9900 and of course I am being required to create a BBID in order to continue to my e-mail settings.

I have created an account online via http://ca.blackberry.com/id and I am able to sign into it within the browser on my desktop however when I am attempting to set up the BBID on my device, I am given this message:

"The username and password provided do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID."

I have tried creating another BBID account and using the new BBID on the device and receive still the same error!

Any ideas on what to do?

Why is this BBID process being so difficult?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Blackberry ID - New BOLD 9900

I have the same problem!

I never had email migration problems with previous blackberries before.

My problem was my BB email password, kept saying invalid password.  WTF!

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I'm actually posting on behalf of a customer of mine who purchased two 9900's. He was able to set everything on one device by creating the BBID account via ca.blackberry.com/id and then entering it on his device.

But then ran into this problem when attempting to set it up on the second device.

It doesn't make any sense!

Anyone?

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I had the same problem and my user name and password were right, the issue was that I wasn't getting any data coming to my phone so the information couldnt be verify, I called for support to my carrier and they dont know what to do either blackberry, I ended wiping my device and loosing all the information, thanks God I had a back up, I think RIM should add a opction where you can activate the data before sign in with the BB user ID
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hey everyone, for anyone still having this problem, I think I've found a work-around. I was constantly having this issue switching between my Belgian and UK sim card. As carlos mentioned, the error occurs because the data plan is not yet active until you've successfully logged into your BB ID. The obvious problem is that the blackberry NEEDS data to verify your username and password. It's a spiral that eventually leads to you having to wipe your phone.

The only requirement to this work-around is Wifi. While you're still using your old sim card log into a wifi network and make sure you're connected. Then switch cards, wait for the phone to connect to the wifi (you can check this by making an emergency call and quickly hanging up, the wifi symbol should be white). Data transfer is now possible and you should be able to log in without a hitch.

Hope this helps!