Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: 61498692443

Blackberry ID Password reset fail.

Hi I reset the password for my BlackBerry ID using my laptop and it worked fine I am now able to log in on my laptop and view my details and change the password and security question.

On my Torch it is a different story, I get asked for username and password so I enter them but keep getting rejected. I am up to attempt number 8 of 10 and don't want to go any further. Can someone please help me.

Thanks

Neale

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID Password reset fail.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

What are the exact and complete words of the message that is rejecting? Depending on what that says, your resolution path could be different.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Sorry my reply wasn't so quick. The message says Attempt 9/10 The username and password provided do not correspond to a valid blackberry ID. However they work on my computer when logging in online. Thanks.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I can think of a couple of possibilities...with only your one attempt left, you may well fall into this:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

If you do, you will have to do whatever the remedy is for each type of lockout before you can continue trying to fix this.

My first suspicion has to do with the tiny BB keyboard as compared to the larger PC keyboard...

The credentials used in the web portal (from PC) and those used on the device indeed must be the same. But, what I suspect is that you've got a mixture of different characters in your ID or password, and perhaps have not noticed how you must enter those on the BB keyboard. For instance, if you think that your password is

• ab123

and you enter on the BB keyboard

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

So check that carefully to be sure you are typing the correct actual characters, you should get just a moment where each character is shown in the clear before it changes to an * (there may also be a box to tic that will display things in the clear).

My second suspicion revolves around this KB:

• KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks again for the quick response. I thought the same thing about maybe hitting wrong keys on phone but have checked it out and am doing it right. I will have a good read of those links you posted and if all else fails I will try my last attempt tomorrow and then just follow through with what ever is required to reset. I will let you know how I go.