Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry ID frustration PLEASE HELP!

When I got my phone I had an email i always used for everything, like most people, but now it has been hacked and I can no longer access it. As well i have forgotten my BBID password so I cannot update my apps which is clearly a problem. How do i delete my old BBID or get my phone to be on the new one i have created? PLEASE HELP ME

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID frustration PLEASE HELP!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First, you need to reset your BBID Password so that you can again use it:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

As noted, you MUST have separate access (e.g., from a PC) to the email account that was associated with the BB ID so as to receive the required password reset email.

Next, you need to log into that exact BB ID with your new BB...that will shift all of your AppWorld records (along with many other things) from your old BB to your new one.

If something does not work correctly, please post details, including the exact and complete content of any error messages that are presented.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Telus

yeah that the problem like i said I CANNOT ACCESS THAT EMAIL ANYMORE thank you for the help but its the same thing from everyoen else. my original bbID email WAS HACKED therefore i cannot log into it.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No need to yell at me, is there? Please re-read what I already said...you must have access to that email in order to reset your BB ID via all automated methods. There is no alternative.

Your choices now therefore are:

1) Create a new BBID and lose all prior AppWorld records.

2) Create a new BBID, contact your mobile service provider, and convince them to escalate you into RIM so that a human can migrate your prior records to your new BB ID.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................