Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: Digicel

Blackberry ID login trouble

[ Edited ]

hi..I am having some difficulty with this blackberry ID after I switched from bold 9000 to torch 9810.When I first went into my desktop manager it asked for an upgrade to the latest software so I upgraded...after that I restored my data from the

previous phone which had all of my contacts and other info and it had no problems to that point....unplugged the phone from desktop manager and began to use it made a few calls...then I noticed app world had a few notifications...I logged into it and realized it had an upgrade for App World..blackberry messanger and a few others.I  decided to upgrade App world first....after this I rebooted the phone hoping to go back into App world to upgrade the rest of the applications...this has been since thurs 30/08/12...I have not been able to use my App world or use my blackberry ID.

I even deleted App World thinking that I would at least have access to my email accounts....I have been shut out of those as well....all the phone keeps asking for is a blackberry ID and all I keep getting is a message saying UNABLE TO LOGIN YO YOUR BLACKBERRY ACCOUNT...but the thing is when I sign in on my PC I get in just fine.

This is frustrating if I can't access my emails this phone is gonna be a waste of time since I am mostly on the road rather than in the office....need help please

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID login trouble

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................