Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: EE

Blackberry ID not recognising password/email login

Hi there.

Ive recently had to use an old phone of mine due to my blackberry 9900 not working, I got it fixed and went to use that again but once it switched on I had to login to blackberry ID. I entered my password and it didn't work. Changed my password and that too didnt work. The username is 100% correct so don't understand what the problem could be.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Punit

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID not recognising password/email login

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Sadly, as much as we'd like to help, we can't deduce anything from "it didn't work". There must have been some other symptom, and perhaps an error message -- in which case the exact and complete content of that would be most helpful to understanding your situation and providing you with useful guidance.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Was your old phone working on a different ID previously? If so, use the previous ID.

From what I remember the ID cannot be changed on a phone without wiping it first. This is a security issue with Blackberry phones.

From what I remember, only one phone can work with an ID. If you have a Playbook the ID can be shared with a Blackberry phone.

With your old phone make a backup. Do a wipe, and re-resister it with the Blackberry ID. Then retrieve your backup.

When you receive your newer phone from service, you will have to repeat the procedure the other way. Normally, when a phone is sent for service it will come back wiped.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

You're correct in saying that 'It didnt work' wasnt very helpful. What I mean to say that I have inputted both the password and the username correctly and everytime I try to sign in, I get an error message saying 'Username and Password do not match'. I've also tried changing the password to counteract this but again this does not work.

Regards,

Punit

New Contributor

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply,

Again I should have been much clearer when describing my issue as the old phone I was referring to was an old Nokia I had lying around. I am tempted to wipe it as I'm sure I backed it up but all I find is an IPD file, would this work?

Regards,

Punit
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Punit_88 wrote:

'Username and Password do not match'.

Hello...thanks, but, is that exact and complete? For I am still finding nothing in the public resources using those exact words. There are many things it could be, and the exact and complete error message is what will tell us exactly what your situation is.

If I have to guess from that, I'd say that another BB ID is already associated to this BB...but those credentials do not match those which you are attempting to use, which means that you are trying to change the BB ID that is associated to the BB. To do that, as was said above, you must WIPE this BB...that is what is required:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

But, again, we still must guess as that error message, exactly as you typed it, does not exist anywhere I can research.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

Punit_88 wrote:
I am tempted to wipe it as I'm sure I backed it up but all I find is an IPD file, would this work?

Be sure to check the link in my auto sig for proper backup processes.

As for the IPD...yes, that would work as the source of restore, as long as you use a version of the Desktop Software that can read it...they changed to BBB files somewhere in the Desktop Software 7 range, as I recall:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Good luck!

New Contributor

Hi,

The full error message is 'The Username and password do not correspond to a valid blackberry ID'

Regards,

Punit
Hall of Famer III

Ahhh...OK...now we can tell. That means exactly what it says...that combination of BB ID credentials do not exist. So something must be wrong...I suspect perhaps that your original attempt to change the password has caused this...but, we don't know what happened there either (all you said for that was also "it didn't work")... You may actually have changed the password, and now need to use the new password.

Have you tried the various means of password recovery yet?

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

I think that you're right. The original password change didn't work as the password as it shows under my account details has a different number of characters to the password I changed it too.  Although using the 'new' password as in the one I was meant to have changed it to is being recognised when I log into the www.bbid.com website.