Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN - south africa

Blackberry ID registered through device - forgot password

Hi!

Please help.

I registered my Blackberry ID on my Bold 9900 (not through browser on PC), it automatically assigned email/username as "namesurname@blackberry.co.za" - I didn't pay attention to that at the time.

Now I forgot my password and security question and when I go to Blackberry website to reset my password it sends the reset emails to that email/username for which I also dont have access because it is the same password...

I tried creating a new Blackberry ID but device applications are rejecing it because they need "associated Blackberry ID with this device".

What can I do?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry ID registered through device - forgot password

DMGD wrote:

I tried creating a new Blackberry ID but device applications are rejecing it because they need "associated Blackberry ID with this device".

Hi DMGD

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you already Created a BlackBerry ID ? And have you wiped your device before using this new BlackBerry ID ?

Can you share you present status clearly ! 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

I did create a new ID but it is not associated with the device, I know that if I want to associate my new ID I have to wipe the device - but I dont want to do it. I want to reset my password for the old ID, how do I do it if I can't access that @blackberry.co.za email account?

Elite II

Hi DMGD

Without wiping our BlackBerry devives will not allow us to add a new BlackBerry ID, If you want to use a new BBID then you can first do a backup How To Backup Your BlackBerry . then you have to follow this Knowledge Base , you can try a Handheld wipe or use Desktop Software. For help you can refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

DMGD wrote:

I want to reset my password for the old ID, how do I do it if I can't access that @blackberry.co.za email account?

For that you can try this Knowledge base and see if you succeed or have to Follow the first option:

KB28111 :Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

No, didn't help much. I need to access my @blackberry.co.za email account to read the reset mails or to set up mail forwarding but I do not have/remember the password as I mentioned before.

I guess I have to security wipe my device, no way around it in my situation.

Elite II

DMGD wrote:

No, didn't help much. I need to access my @blackberry.co.za email account to read the reset mails or to set up mail forwarding but I do not have/remember the password as I mentioned before.

Hey DMGD

Yes I know ! One of the main problem of using host email like @blackberry.net account is this that you cannot find it anywhere but your blackberry device.and in case you lost or forget password the problem arise .

So you have two options , you can call your Carrier to know if they can help you in this regard Or there is any other way to but to create a new Blackberry ID but for that you have you had to perform a Security wipe.My best suggestion is always use any free gmail or yahoo account to create a whole new BlackberryID.

KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Elite II

Hello DMGD

You are welcome.. let us know if you feel any issue.

Good luck.