Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry ID reset

For ages (and I mean a couple of months) my Blackberry ID verification email has been coming on. Never got around to sorting it - as husband changed the login password for his phone.  Suddenly my work email failed, so I finally got around to properly resetting the password, but I still cannot login to Blackberry ID account from my mobile - resetting from my mac is fine - help - getting so frustrated with the phone I am tempted to chuck it out.

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry ID reset

You're going to "chuck it out" because you didn't verify as needed? Oh well.

So, please, what error do you see when you try to use your BlackBerryID to login from your BlackBerry?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Much as I love my Blackberry - my hubbie is very anti his and its just rubbed off - thanks for trying to help though I do appreciate it as I would love ot resolve this problem.  When I try to verify Blackberry ID, it has 'last attempt' in red font and when I type in the BB ID User name and password, the error message is "Unable to log in to your Blackberry ID account".

I have logged into my Blackberry ID account at least twice now and reset the password and it changes nothing!  Even left it overnight - still the same issue.

I am at my wits end. :-(

When you reset the password, it should be sending an email with the reset link to your email address... are you checking your email for that message?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes _ I have followed that link at least 3 times now and reset the password and still it doesn't seem to have sent the updated password to the phone when I then try it on my phone.  Tried completely shutting down th phone, battery and sim out and also leaving overnight and trying again. xx

1. Is this by chance an email address like "yourname@vodafone.blackberry.net" ?

If so, read this:  Article ID: KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

2. To reboot your BlackBerry, don't turn it off first, that does nothing.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for trying to help me.  The email is a btinternet address.  Thanks for the tip on not turning BB off first - will try that now