Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry ID reset

I have a BB 9900 Bold Smartphone.  Until recently I have been very happy with it, however when my email password was changed, I wanted to reset the email facility on my Bold.  I was asked for a BB ID Password, which of course I had forgotten.  Unfortunately I had also forgotten the answer to the retrieval question.  I tried restoring the phone to factory settings to no avail.  Please how can I get into my own mobile phone to re-set the email facility? 

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry ID reset

You have to remember either the BlackBerryID password, or the secret question answer. Without either, you're stuck.

Your choices are:
--Use another email account to create an entirely new BlackBerryID (with which you will lose access to any purchased apps using the "forgotten" first BlackBerryID, or
--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.
Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the info, however:

1 - the reason why i need to reset my email password is because my computer crashed losing everything including the original BB email.

2 - Creating a new ID with a different email defeats the object as I will need to inform all my contacts, private and business of the change and still not get any emails from those using the original address.

Surely there must be a way of resetting the BB phone without changing the email address?  I cannot be the only BB user to find myself in this position.

Rab05 wrote:

2 - Creating a new ID with a different email defeats the object as I will need to inform all my contacts, private and business of the change and still not get any emails from those using the original address.

Your BBID is not something you have to share with all your friends. It's just an email address UNLESS your BBID is one of the "yourname@yourcarrier.blackberry.net" email addresses?  Using those blackberry.net email accounts is NOT a good idea, for several reasons since ON the phone is the ONLY place you check that email, and then also the fact that IF you ever change carriers, you lose that email address. Is this the case with you?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

My Blackberry ID is my email address.  It is not a blackberry.net address.  When adding an email to the BB phone, one is asked for your email and this becomes the BBID.  

The phone is not the only place i can check my emails, but it is (or rather was) convenient when away from my desk.  As it stands now I have a BB mobile phone, but it can by no stretch of the imagination be called a smart phone.

Rab05 wrote:

As it stands now I have a BB mobile phone, but it can by no stretch of the imagination be called a smart phone.

You do know, we here are users just like you. Why the snide remarks, does that help resolve this? You'd appreciate it if I walked into your home and asked for help with a flat tire and then started making snide remarks about your food or decor?

Rab05 wrote:

My Blackberry ID is my email address.  It is not a blackberry.net address.  When adding an email to the BB phone, one is asked for your email and this becomes the BBID.  

The phone is not the only place i can check my emails, but it is (or rather was) convenient when away from my desk. 

So, to resolve this issue, you will be required to know the password or answer the security question, there is no way you can do either of those. That leaves the two remaining issues above. If you can login to your email on a webserver (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, godaddy or where ever your email server is located) you should be able to either retireve the initial setup email unless it was deleted and then you are left with option two of creating a new BBID.

Creating a new BBID will not require you to notify your friends of anything. You just create some new email account, say on Outlook.com or Yahoo, and use it ONLY for the new BBID. Your friends never need to know, you are not changing your email address for everyone in the world.

Knowledge Base Updates