Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Att

Blackberry ID user name issue

[ Edited ]
Trying to enter user name and password on my device (Torch) to access personal email account setup so I can perform mandatory personal e-mail re-validation. I can log in with the same ID/username credentials via my computer at www.blackberry.com/blackberryid, but my device won't accept the user name. Error message is "the user name is invalid. A user name must be at least 4 characters." What I am entering for the user name is my entire email address "name_name@host.com". It is definitely more than 4 characters. I have hard-reset the device with no new results. What should I do? Tomorrow is the deadline for the mandatory email credential re-validation. Help! Thanks!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Att

Re: Blackberry ID user name issue

New question - what user name and password am I being prompted to use in the Internet Mail email account setup form? Is this my hotmail info, blackberry id, something else?
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: TMN

I'm having the same problem. Did you get a solution?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

BlackBerry ID is for your device security, ensuring right person is using the device further its used to download BlackBerry Apps from app world as well.

For mail configuration using BIS, another ID required which you set up first time during mail configuration. If you still not able to recognize, then you may contact your carrier they will reset it for you..!!