Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

Blackberry ID

I forgot my password to my blackberry ID, so I clicked on "forgot my password", it asked me the security question and then it said that a reset was sent to my email address which is at blackberry.com

I said to sign into my email address.... I DO NOT HAVE THE PASSWORD... HOW CAN THIS BE DONE?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. Within there is a section/article that discusses what to do in your situation. For security reasons, password reset emails are not delivered to the BB device, so you must use other means to retrieve the email. If the account is registered with GMail or other internet-accessible email accounts, this is not a problem since you can access that email account via PC. But, when you use an @carrier or @bb email account, then you can only access those from the device itself, which means you have no means to retrieve the password reset email.

When you read the information in the above link, you will find a section that discusses how to set an auto-forward rule onto your @bb or @carrier email account, and forward the password reset email to some other email account to which you can gain non-BB access, and thereby process the password reset email.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................