Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry INternet Browser not working

I have a Curve 8900 with a Vodafone corporate account.  It is running software v5.  For some weeks now, I have been unable to access the internet via the blackberry browser (I can access via Vodafone WAP and can recieve e-mails via corporate account, but not google mail) and any apps using this browser have also stopped working.  I get various error messages 'a communication failure has occurred', 'device unable to connect to internet'. Having read other posts, I've tried a few things; battery pull, resending service books; none of these have done the trick.

Any ideas??

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry INternet Browser not working

[ Edited ]

Hello drlaurab,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with browsing on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone.

Perform a hard reset again by removing the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone and reinserting it. Then complete a "Register Now" in the Host Routing Table as shown here: http://bbry.lv/eaMdF6

If this fails to resolve the issue you may want to contact your wireless service provider to verify your coverage and data plan.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!