Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Blackberry Id help please

Hi Everyone

I just bought the blackberry torch and am figuring it out pretty good so far except for one thing, i can't seem to figure out. For example when i go into "app world" from "home" and i try to download any new apps it prompts me to "log in with you BlackBerry ID." it asks for my email and password. am confused should i enter my normal email which is registered with my blackberry and my normal password that goes with that email address? cause when i do it, a screen pops up saying "unable too validate the email address and password combination". So than i go and try to sign up for a blackberry id on my phone and my right email address is already there, than it asks for my username...so i enter one...than i enter the password that goes with my email and i enter all other info it asks for. than i get a pop that says "the password you have entered is invalid. Please enter a different password. (Error Id: 30611)"

Sorry for the lengthy post, i just want to be thorough, to get a good answer. Thanks to all for the help!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Id help please

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

AppWorld is a secure system, with it's own credentials. The credentials are called BB ID. You need to create a BB ID, and you can associate it with any valid email address that you have...and then use that as your login id for your BB ID...it's a convenience thing...one less ID to remember.

• KB24062How to create a BlackBerry ID

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi thanks for welcoming me and for such a quick reply!

I clicked on the link above and i see it has to be set up from a PC.

One problem though when i click on the link and than click register for a BBID

I fill everything out and when i hit "save" i keep getting an error on the password i choose, it says it has to be a minimum of 6 characters long, and it is....i've tried several different passwords with a different number of characters but at least 6....have tried letters and numbers and just lettters....nothing seems to be working for choosing my BBID password??

New Contributor

yea guys, i swear i've tried every type of password combination that i could think of, both on my PC and on BlackBerry torch. On my BBtorch i keep getting "the password you have entered is invalid. Please enter a different password. (ERROR Id:30611)"

and on my PC i keep getting this error "The password you have entered does not meet either the length or character requirements. Please enter a password that has a minimum of 6 characters."

Please keep in mind i've tried using passwords that are 6 characters or more and nothing is getting accepted. and no i'm not using profanity as a password, i read that it won't accept that. lol

Please Help! Thanks again in advance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

That's really quite strange...and makes me wonder if something else is the actual root cause. Do you have a full Blackberry data plan from your carrier? Not a generic data plan, but one that is specific to BBs. That is required for access to AppWorld.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So have you every actually created your own BlackBerryID?

From all I can discern from your posts in this thread, you have not. You don't need to use the password for your email address. This is something YOU create new, using your email address.

Read the link sdgarne posted above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

sdgarne--actually that's a good question i will contact my provider and find out because yea your right somethings just not right there, doesn't make sense, so i'll contact and post my findings. thank you!

J Sanders--no i haven't actually created a BBID as of yet, am just trying to, i'm certain of this because i even clicked on "forgot my password" and used my email address and still got an error message, so it must be something with my data plan.

Thanks to you both and i will post my findings most likely tomorrow!

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, the BlackBerry Data Plan AND actually creating the ID are both required.

Let us know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9870 / user
My Carrier: DiGi

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but i'm just fedup with the hassle with this 9900. Now the newest problem i encounter is that i cannot access my app world coz it states that my password is incorrect. Ironically, if i enter the wrong password - it will give me 2/10 tries avaiable, but when i enter my correct password - ir will not allow me to enter via the BB mobile.

i'm sure i have not forgotten my username or password coz i'm able to access my account in the BBID url below

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login

Anybody can help? Due to this, my BB protect keeps scaning need update but i can't access so this always drain my BB battery (half day i need to charge - so troublesome when i need to travel). i had this problem after the last 'my app world' suggested prompt update. :-(

Thanks in advance