Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

HI, 

My blackberry work fine with the wifi and the blackberry messenger.

But unexpected the black berry messenger doesn't work but the wifi still connected.

I have in other country and only have the public WIFI to connect and  I use the wifi to connect to my contact through bb messenger. 

I do have the blackberry data plan on my phone since I am on international roming it wont connect.

Few days back my BBM and email accounts were working fine however now both the things are not working rest other social networking site like facebook, yahoo messenger and other are working. In the service status I am getting following :-

Blackberry Internet Service - Not connected

Blackberry Enterprise Services - Not Connected

Mobile Network - Not Connected

wifi CONNECTED

Please help...........

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

These two portions of your post are key:

ankit_26812 wrote:

I do have the blackberry data plan on my phone since I am on international roming it wont connect.

Blackberry Internet Service - Not connected

For whatever reasons, your BIS services are not available to you while you are roaming. You need to talk to your mobile service provider about why. But, honestly, the last time I traveled internationally, it took 3 attempts to get it working correctly, and each failed attempt resulted in no services while I was traveling...my carrier could only make adjustments while my BB was physically in range of their network towers. So, I had two failed (from the perspective of my BB services) trips, and it finally started working correctly on the 3rd trip (but only after significant escalation with my carrier, finally reaching an Engineer who knew what he was talking about).

Anyway, you need to contact your carrier (Vodafone, as per your profile) to find out why you can't at least access your data services via WiFi. But, if there is a Service Book or other registration needed, be advised that it's unlikely that your carrier will be able to push that to your BB since your BB is not "on" their network.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I am not able to understand one thing when I moved out of my country my BBM and the email account configured to my blackberry were working for a month properly where I was able to chat over the BBM and I was able to receive all the email notification where my blackberry was connected through WIFI. However from couple of days I am not able to access my BBM and the email notification only and on the other hand my internet is working while my blackberry is connected through WIFI. Wherein I am able to access facebook and other application that's seems to be that my blackberry is connected to internet only the thing is that I am not able to access BBM and email accounts. This seems that's there would be some setting issue within the handset.

Please let me know is there any setting which I need to check again on my handset..............

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OH! That's a different situation then. From your first post, I assumed you were TEMPORARILY traveling out of your country...but now I understand that you have PERMANENTLY relocated to a new country. That's quite different indeed!

What I suspect, under these new circumstances, is that your BIS-level services were continuing to be served by your former country carrier, until the "found out" and finally shut them down. Now, you need to get your BB fully shifted to a new carrier in your new home country, and that's a completely different process than attempting to enable full international roaming capabilities.

But, since it's so confusing, please confirm exactly the condition your are in and wish to resolve? Are you, as I first assumed, traveling internationally and simply want your services to continue to function, roaming, while you travel? Or, are you relocated to a new country, and need to fully shift your services off of your former country carrier and over to a new carrier in your new country?

Thanks!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. To answer your question I am traveling temporally at this moment of time and would be going back to my home country after few months.

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Thanks

Hall of Famer III

OK...then it's back to my first assumption, in which case, all of that remains intact, as provided in post 2 above. If your BB remains with your home carrier SIM yet all BIS services have failed to function while roaming internationally, then you need to talk to your home wireless service provider...something has gone wrong, and they need to fix it. But, again, it is highly unlikely that they will be able to do so while you are roaming...typically, these things can only be diagnosed and fixed while the BB is connected to it's home wireless carrier network.

Then again, have you switched out your SIM to a local carrier? If so, that changes things again quite entirely...

Good luck!

My Device: blackberry curve 9360 / RDx71UW
My Carrier: tunisiana

Re: Blackberry app world not out of order !

I think I  have the same problem , I am connected to the WIFI and everything is all right ( twitter , facebook , youtube ) but when it comes to the app world , it doesn't , when I click on it , it says the data service is not operational ! I don't know what to do , please help !

Hall of Famer III

Re: Blackberry app world not out of order !

emmak wrote:

I think I  have the same problem , I am connected to the WIFI and everything is all right ( twitter , facebook , youtube ) but when it comes to the app world , it doesn't , when I click on it , it says the data service is not operational ! I don't know what to do , please help !

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If your situation is the same, then you as well should check Manage Connections > Services Status...if the status of BIS is Not Connected, then that is the reason. AW often requires access to the carrier data network/BIS service in order to validate your location and thereby present you with only those things that are authorized. Therefore, your resolution is the same as above...contact your mobile service provider, but do not expect them to be able to do anything until your BB returns to your home network.

Good luck!