Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Manager Help; Password question

[ Edited ]

Friend of mine owns a Blackberry Storm that she no longer uses. However, she needs a note that she placed inside the Blackberry Storm but has forgotten the password. She is sitting on try 9/10 for the password. Afterwards, I know that the Blackberry will delete all of her information off of the phone. 

My question is, if she tries 10/10 and fails and the Blackberry deletes all her data, when the phone returns back to a factory default state, can she use The Blackberry Manager to restore a backup (with the other file) she made and attempt  another ten tries? 

...and might be a dumb question to you Blackberry veterans, but inputting the password incorrectly ten times into the Desktop Manager won't erase the backups, will it?

Sorry, I am not too familiar with Blackberrys, but I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks..

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Blackberry Manager Help; Password question

I have to admit I've never given a backup from a password protected phone anythought......but, if she does do a restore from the backup ensure she does a SELECTIVE restore and not a FULL restore just to replace the information she needs otherwise she will just restore the unknown password. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

So after the phone gets wiped, she should be able to selective restore the document, is what you are saying?

So incorrectly guessing the code will not kill the backups off the PC...?

Any additional help would be great..anyone else with experience with this?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Not that I'm aware of no - it only wipes the handset itself, but as a fail safe you could always copy the backups on the pc to a dvd or cd before you try guessing the code again