Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Pearl
My Carrier: None

Blackberry Manager on Mac

Was hoping someone might be able to help me.  I set up the Blackberry Manager on my Mac yesterday, to backup an old Blackberry Pearl.  I was able to do this and the computer recognised the Blackberry no problem.

Today I was trying to restore a more updated set of Blackberry contacts to the same phone.  When I tried doing this it wiped the Blackberry of all contacts.  As well as that it now no longer will connect to the Blackberry when I go to connect it (it recognises the Blackberry, asks for the password but then fails to connect, despite the password being accepted).

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get the Blackberry to connect with my Mac again?  

Many thanks.  

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry Manager on Mac

Hey jimmylibel,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I would suggest trying to remove the battery and placing it back in.  When the BlackBerry boots back up then connect it via USB.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Pearl
My Carrier: None

Thanks for the reply Ferret.

Tried that but it doesn't seem to work.  Have tried it on a couple of different computers now but while the phone acknowledges that it is hooked up to a computer, the computer does not make the connection. 

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860 & Playbook 64G
My Carrier: Celcom

If i got it correctly, you have two problems.

1. Your contact in BB was wipe out after syncing

2. You lost communication between BB and Mac

I only experienced Problem No. 1 assuming that you are trying to sync from Outlook to BB. The reason being, Syncing with Mac is done through Mac Addressbook. If you tried to sync without first syncing the Addressbook with Outlook, then all contact in BB will be wipe out especially if you choose to wipe out all data from BB. It is a good idea to do full backup before syncing. Syncing through Mac is not as smooth as PC, very unfortunate.

I never experience your 2nd problem.