Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Blackberry Maps Issue on Mobistar (belgium)

Hey,

I'm having a problem with the Blackberry maps. It is installed in the application manager but it can't be find on the device.

I'm having the blackberry internet service by mobistar (belgium) but when I call them they can not help me.

I allready downgraded to the of 294 (i guess) and than back to 359 but nothing helps.

I allready re-installed the blackberry maps from the blackberry desktop, but without results.

In the service books I cant find anything related to blackberry maps (what should it be called?)

Thanks for the support guys, i'm looking forward to solve this problem!

Olivier

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Re: Blackberry Maps Issue on Mobistar (belgium)

Is it an issue with opening the App or finding your location? Like i had a problem with GPS and thats fixed by going to Option/Device/GPS then pressing the BB button and select Refresh Location.
if its an issue with the maps actually loading, contact your service provider and tell them to check your service.

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

New Contributor

The problem is opening the application. It can be found in the application manager but not on the home screen. Searching with universal search has no results. I called the provider but without an answer...

Greetings
New Contributor
My Carrier: Mobistar

I had the same problem (also on Mobistar). I was seeing that the 9780 was set up with map, but I couldn't find the device. Finally, because one day I coudn't send any emails, I took off the battery to completely re-start the BB. I saw by coincidence afterwards that the Map application was installed !

So try this. I was told by the way that removing on regular basis the battery helps to 'refresh it" and to have kind of updates.

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have exactly the same problem and till now couldn't fix it tried everything I had soft 6.0.0.2XX to 6.0.0.359 and nothing worked the application manager shows blackberry maps installed this is getting me crazy

New Contributor

It is very strange indeed.

I tried everything: reset, hard reset, reinstall maps, reinstall OS, registered to the mobile netword for about 5 times, resend the service books to my phone,... nothing helped!

But a few days ago the maps just apaired on the homescreen and the service books were present.

Don't understand it myself but everything is running great now.

Purhaps you should contact you provider about this issue?

Good Luck Guys!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

indeed very strange , I was just on the phone with my service providor, they told me the icon itself has nothing to o with the service , they pushed me the service books but didnt help , they asked me to pass by at any branch and they will check it out for me. so am going tom and will post back 

your just worked without doing anything?!!!!!!!

New Contributor

I missed the service books for the maps, so the icon doesn't apear...
(I think)
Now everything is allright!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Ladies and Gentlemans, I cannot stress it enough that you MUST do a battery pull very often in order to keep your BB in perfect working order. For instance, I do a bp every night before I go to bed. Picture it as a pc. When you 'Turn off' the device it is pretty much loging you out and hibernating. By doing a BP it actually shuts down and reboots like a computer. It installs anyupdates and/ or fixes any problems/errors.

You should also watch how many apps you have and how much memory they take up. ie, delete apps you never use and delete old txts, bbm chats, emails etc. bb's might have a memory card thats like 1 or 2 gb but its only for media and documents, apps are stored on the device memory.

Remember, BB all the way Smiley Wink

Cheers,