Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Blackberry Maps not showing maps!

A few weeks ago, my Blackberry Maps stopped working.  It no longer shows the map, only a grey screen.  I do not know if it is coincidence or related, but it was about the same time I updated to the new version of Blackberry Traffic.  Now, Blackberry Traffic will NEVER find ANY address I look up to map it (when I receive the below error, I am in full 3G and/or wifi and friends with the same OS and same versions do not get this error on the same addresses) and Blackberry Maps will not show the map.  All other applications seem to be working fine including other mapping programs, etc.  Can anyone help?

Here is my information:

BES

Blackberry Bold 9700

OS 5.0.0.714 (T-mobile)

Blackberry Maps v 5.0.0

Blackberry Traffic v 1.3.0.518

BB Traffic Error while in full 3G

Capture21_51_58.jpg

BB Maps Error

Capture21_52_18.jpg

Blackberry 9780 version 6.0.0.294
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Maps not showing maps!

First, do a simple reboot on your device > With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Then, let's refresh the GPS:

On all model BlackBerrys, first make certain that you in an area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings.

For GSM network devices, do this:
Click Options > Advanced > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS.
Give it up to 10 minutes to refresh, and try 2-3 times in a row.
Also, read this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12203&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

You could also download google maps. I dont think it's in appworld. but search 'google maps' on google on your phone, and there will be a download link you just click. I find its much more convient and has many more features.

eg/ press and hold the call button and say "Pizza Pizza" and it finds the closest pizza pizza and you can map routes for walking, transit, or car, there.

In my opinion i find google maps works better. give it a shot

Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  That did actually work and help my Blackberry Maps, however I still get the error in Blackberry Traffic.

Thanks again.

George

Contributor

Thanks.  I have used Google Maps for years as well.  Both have positive and negative features and I have always used them both.