Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Blackberry Maps on Storm (Verizon) - How can I recenter the map during GPS tracking?

Greets folks!

I'm hoping someone has an answer, or can point me to documentation.

I've recently moved to a new city and have found the Maps app to be very helpful.  However there's one nagging question that's driving me crazy; how can I recenter the map on my GPS position after moving the map?

I'll be using GPS navigation, and either accidentally or deliberately scroll the map.  The GPS navigation icon still shows navigation is still taking place, and if I scroll the map manually back to my position it still shows the location icon.  However the map no longer moves with the location icon.

Any way to set the map to center on the location icon again?  The only option I've found so far is to stop and restart GPS navigation which takes time, etc.

John E.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Blackberry Maps on Storm (Verizon) - How can I recenter the map during GPS tracking?

[ Edited ]

Hello Falconeer and welcome to the forums!

When using the Maps application you should be able to snap back to your location so long as you have "GPS Navigation" set to started and your position is currently being tracked.  If you pan off the course and lose sight of your position you should be able to press the "Escape" key immediately to the left of the "End Call" button while viewing the map.  Just make sure that you only press it once or you may find yourself looking at the directions list again.

hope this helps  Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by thundergeek on 07-24-2009 11:59 AM

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Maps on Storm (Verizon) - How can I recenter the map during GPS tracking?

I'll give it a shot and get back to you.  Thanks kindly!