Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Blackberry Maps - "Unknown Error" when searching a Location or Address

Hi everyone,

I have a 9900 Bold.  Starting a day ago, for reasons unknown, whenever I try to enter an address or name of a location in the "Find a Location" screen and hit the search button, within a few seconds, it just comes up with "Unknown Error".  Sometimes if I keep hitting the search button after 50+ times it might actually, finally produce a hit that I can select.  Everything else seems to work fine with the program, with exception to when I zoom out past say, 2km on the scale, and it seems lot slower to generate the map.  Anyone experience these problems or know of a fix??  Of course i've tried re-booting, and even pulling the battery for reset, but that hasn't done anything.  I have even uninstalled and re-installed the program, but still nothing.  Strange.

Cheers

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Blackberry Maps - "Unknown Error" when searching a Location or Address

Hey that such a bro.. VancouverGuy

You have installed the BlackBerry Maps application but this application work in some countries thus addresses are not looking because they do not maybe this application is available for your country.

Regards

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Blackberry Maps - "Unknown Error" when searching a Location or Address

I live in Canada. It's definately supposed to work here. Actually, I just got off the phone with Blackberry Support and they said its a known issue that is apparently affecting several users and phone models (not just the 10). They said they'd get back to me in a few days.