Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Maps

I am a new Blackberry User.  My carrier is AT&T.  My 8110 Pearl did not have Blackberry Maps preinstalled and when I went to the Blackberry site to download maps, there's a note:  BlackBerry Maps is not available on the AT&T network.  Does anyone have any additional information to clue me in?  Thanks.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Blackberry Maps

you can downlaod here and install: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/blackberry_maps.jsp
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

I went to this site and downloaded Blackberry Maps, connected the phone via USB when instructed, phone indicated download in process an completion.  Desktop Manager Application Loader indicates Blackberry Maps is installed in phone, however, I can not find application icon in main menu, applications folder or any other folder.  Any suggestions on how to find the Blackberry Maps program in my phone?  Thanks again.

Forums Veteran I

make sure its not hidden by pressing the menu key while in home screen and selecting show all. is it part of application list installed on BB, under options, advanced options and applications?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

I tried "show all" and the Blackberry Maps icon is not there.  Per your suggestion I went to Advanced Options, Applications and Blackberry Maps 2.0.26 IS listed.  Clicked on that and RIM modules are shown.  Could AT&T be blocking this application?  Blackberry site said the Blackberry Maps will not work with AT&T.  Thanks again.

Forums Veteran I

there is a possibility that BB software for ATT might be blocking it if it says on the website. here is a KB butit only says that it does not come preloaded: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12723&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

i am kinda surprised, will try to find an answer for you by tomorrow.

Forums Veteran I

confirmed, BB Maps wont workw with ATT officialy. ATT has blocked it, it might work for some people though, you can try google maps instad

I am having a similar problem as well. Am on a voice and data plan with t-mobile uk, bb maps is loaded on my pearl however cannot access as i keep getting a message telling me that the device is not set up for BIS or BES access and to contact provider. Am having a similar problem with google maps. GPS is working as I'm using telenav. Have resent service books and BB maps shows in all. Have tried calling t-mobile and RIM but neither willing to help.

As far as I am aware bbmaps is not blocked by t-mobile

can anybody help?

Bump!

I am having exactly the same problem with T-Mobile UK and BB maps, google maps and other programs - like Yahoo mobile.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8120

I'm with Orange UK and now on my 3rd 8120 handset since April.  BB Maps wouldnt show on first and current handset but did on 2nd. 

Am also not able so access hotmail on current handset.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Orange dont want to know as it is not an Orange problem, BB want to charge for phone support - I have only had the 3rd handset for 2 weeks so am reluctant to pay!