Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Media Sync Problems, slightly different from most others

you can install the desktop manager as an administrator and use it as administrator.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold (9000)

Re: Blackberry Media Sync Problems, slightly different from most others

[ Edited ]

I had the same problems with BB Media Sync. After days trying different alternatives, I found that the best way to get the connection working (not always!!!) is as follows:

1.- Do NOT start Desktop Manager

2.- Start manually "BB Media Synch" (NOT from inside Desktop Manager

3.- Configure you BB in Options --> Memory as follows:

Media Card Support: On

Encryption Mode: None

Mass Storage Mode Support: On

Auto Enable..... : Prompt (THIS IS THE KEY TO HAVE IT WORKING)

4.- At this point, plug your BB to your PC via USB

5.- Do NOT answer the BB prompt asking what to do about mass storage support

6.- Magically, Media Sync recognizes the BB and WORKS!!!

(be aware that if you plug and unplug the USB cable, the BB will take a lot of time (depending on the GB of media in your BB) to re-index the full media on your BB....so you should not plug it into USB while your media player shows "Scanning...." at the bottom.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Arturo

Message Edited by anahum on 10-08-2008 03:03 PM
Message Edited by anahum on 10-08-2008 03:03 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Media Sync Connect Problem

Have BB 8830 (Verizon).  Media Sync software installed - launches and automatically recognizes PIN.  Will not accept password and will not connect.  Interesting that a loop requesting password continues and always remains 1/10 attempt.  If I use an incorrect password it goes to 2/10, etc.  Also running without problem the Desktop Manager 4.3
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Media Sync Problems

Have BB 8830 VZW.  Media Sync launches and automatically recoginizes the device PIN.  It does not accept my password and responds with "..failed to connect to your Blackberry device.  Click Retry to try again or Cancel to disconnect."  Trying again and again does not work, though the attempt is always 1/10.  If I try an intentionally incorrect password, it also does not work, but the attempt is now 2/10, etc.

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem with my 8830 (VZW).  Media Sync recognized I had the BB connected, asked for p/w and kept telling me it couldn't connect.  I check all the SD card setting on the device and they were correct.  Then I noticed the BB was not showing up on "my computer" as a drive.

Turns out that if I logged into my computer with the BB already connected, it was assigned drive "F," would show and could be sync'd with Media Sync.  If, however, I connected the device after I logged in -- then one of my network drives took "F" and (for some reason) WinXp would not assign a drive letter to the BB card.  So, in this case, the card didn't show up and Media Sync could not connect.

I permanently assigned a new drive letter (in my case *T*) to the BB.  Right click "My Computer" go to "Manage."  In the next screen go under "Storage" and click on "Disk Management."  Here you can assign a drive letter to the BB -- pick something unlikely to be used by anything else (hence, I chose *T*).

Now it doesn't matter whether the BB is connected before or after logging in, and Media Sync works as advertised.

Message Edited by daddyelmis on 12-04-2008 04:59 PM
New Contributor

Has the issue with UNC paths been resolved yet?

My iTunes file is stored on my User Folder on our server (\\Pxxx\Users\xxxxxx\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music) which is synched to my laptop and available offline etc.

Media Sync displays all of my playlists but they're all greyed out and can't be selected.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Many thanks

Hi, I have the same issues but w/ MBP OS X 10.5.6. I managed to get Media Sync first time and could sync but then I changed to Pocketmac latest version, installed everything incl new USB driver and could sync files I wanted.

Now, after having uninstalled Pocketmac, I can't use anymore Media sync. It repeats asking for device password...

Any suggestion? Tried to uninstall USB driver update but can't find where it's being installed.

Thanks

Shahab

New Contributor

I have gotten BB Media Sync to work.  However, the problem I am having is that each time I restart my BB Curve, it has to re-index all my songs.  And, this indexing also is taking place as it re-indexes all my contacts. Therefore it can take a half hour or more to index everything.  I ended up taking a lot of my music off my BB, so it would index faster, but this is still a "royal pain". 

Is there a way to keep all the contacts, and music indexed all the time on a BB using the BB Media Sync?

Thanks for any help you can give on this matter.

- Tom

New Contributor

Try DoubleTwist freeware which will make a DRM-free .mp3 copy of your DRM music.
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion about DoubleTwist, but my music is DRM free, I don't need to make copies of it.  The issue is that the Blackberry Curve has to sort my music every time I start my BB up!  My ipod Touch doesn't do this, and neither do friends Iphones.  When my contract is up with Bell, I am seriously considering switching to the iPod over this.