Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Media Sync Problems

[ Edited ]
doubleTiwst doesn't make a DRM free copy either. it did that a year ago in their 1.0 version but the new version released last month leaves apple alone. It DOES do file conversions when neecessay, like if you want to sync up a playlist from WMP and you need those pesky .wma fils made nto mp3's.  or video file conversions. but it doesn't mess around with DRM and protected intellecutal propperty.
Message Edited by BillT on 05-20-2009 07:35 PM
----
Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?

I don't know and I don't care.
New Contributor

The problem I have been having with Media Sync is that it will not recognize my media card.  It used to recognize it and I synced my playlists but now it will only recognize the device memory on my Storm.  I have updated to the most recent media sync version.  Anyone have any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

is the media card recognized by Windows Explorer as an external hard drive?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Yes windows explorer will recognize the card.  I have tried all the different settings with mass storage.  So the problem does not appear to be one where the card cannot be seen at all, just not by media sync.  I ahve also had problems with roxio's media manager seeing the card as well - it used to work if I turned mass storage off.  The problem is media sync only seems to see device memory.  I have tried everything else short of a wipe of my storm or reformatting the card (don't want to wipe it and not get stuff back on).  Its an issue I can live with and work around, but it used to work great (and would sync to card) and just stopped seeing the card so I was wondering if anyone else encountered this and had any ideas.

When I try to sync my BB Storm using Media Sync I am getting the following error message:

Please check that:

1. A Media Card is installed correctly in your BB device

2. Mass storage mode is turned on for you BB device

I have checked both but I still cant get it to sync.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@fkoury :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

I am having problems connecting media sync to my Blackberry Bold.  When I launch media sync, it tries to connect to the device, but then gives the error stating that it cannot connect to my blackberry device.  I can then retry or cancel.  If i look under the device manager i can see the blackberry device under USB controllers.  The blackberry device manager and desktop manager properly connect to my device though and show the proper pin info.  The media manager seems to work fine.  Media sync is the only problem.  It will not connect at all.  I have read through these threads and tried various things like formatting my media card with no success.  I have a 16g media card.

- BlackBerry Model - Blackberry Bold 9000

- BlackBerry OS Version (Options | About) - V 4.6.0.167

- Desktop Operating System - Windows XP Pro, SP3

- Do you use Desktop Manager?  Does it detect the Blackberry as expected?  - Yes, yes running Desktop Manager 5.0

- With Mass Storage enabled, does the drive appear as expected in Windows Explorer?
- No, I have replaced the USBSTOR.inf file also with now

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000

[ Edited ]
I'm having the exact same issues as maxwell317. Same model, version and PC O/S. I've even tried it on my laptop at home with Vista. I am able to snyc contacts with desktop Manager and my device is recognized by the PC. The memory card works fine with a card reader but is not recognized when it is in the device and connected to the PC.
Message Edited by donutj3 on 09-11-2009 10:47 AM
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000

I am having the same Media Sync problems.

Model: BB Bold 9000

V4.6.0.167

Desktop Manager detects my Bold and completly syncs

My computer does not detect my storage card, however, in Roxio I can see and add/delete any files from it.

When I open Media Sync I get the screen that shows "trying to connect" then a message stating "Media Sync failed to connect to BB device.  I then have gone to the help button and looked up "setting up Media Sync"  I follow directions and cannot access the area where I can set-up options for detecting my BB or choosing between WMP or iTunes.

What can I do to rectify this?

I just installed media synch for the Mac and my iTunes playlists are displayed. However, only a portion of them synch to the BB. For example, on one playlist it only synched 16 of 62 songs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.