Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Media Sync & Vista Ultimate

I'm trying to use Blackberry Media Sync with Vista Ultimate and iTunes 8.0.1.11. Selecting Media Sync generates the prompt, "The Blackberry Media Sync application is not currently installed. Do you want to download and install this application?". The install starts and then crashes.

Sadly RIM decided to use an Adaptec software product, Roxio. I've found Adaptec to have serious quality issues and Roxio to be less than stellar. Is this supposed to work or like most software products are we the beta testers so developers can figure out how to code this without crashing?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Media Sync & Vista Ultimate

[ Edited ]
It's a separate download from your Desktop Manager.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

*PS
I'm Running Windows Vista Ultimate and it works just fine.
Message Edited by svjones on 11-20-2008 12:22 PM
Stephen Jones
Do un to others as you would have others do un to you.
New Contributor

Greetings svjones and RIM

I'm having exactly the same issue. Have tried downloading the Media Sync Software and installing it separately and this still doesn't work. Any ideas? (I'm running Vista Home Premium and desktop manager 4.7)

Thanks! 

I've tried running the setup, but as soon as I click next on the first step of the setup wizard selecting United states, I get an error message, "Setup was unable to download the license agreement from the server. Please check your internet connection and retry. Setup will now exit." I have downloaded and run several items from the Blackberry website. this is the first time I've had this problem. Any suggestions?

New Contributor

The above fix is incomplete.  After downloading the Media Sync app you must right click the installation file and select "Properties".  Click the "Compatibilty" tab and select "Run as Administrator".  This isn't a fix.  It's just a "work around" RIM posted in the knowledge database.  Run the installation file with Admin priviledges and you should be OK with Vista.
New Contributor

I've tried all of these and still no luck. I just cannot get MediaSunc to install. After many hours with RIM support they are stumped. I've alos noticed an increase in other users with this issue. My laptop has the same setup as my desktop and I get exactly the same issue.
Regular Contributor
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800

I have the same problem.

There seems to be a similarity here with my issue as well.  I'm trying to install the software and it stops with the following message

"set up could not locate the software license agreement information.  set can not continue and will exit now."

I'm using Windows XP, I'm stumped, I can't even get into the software to try and work around issues like suggested.

any ideas from all you clever people??

thank you!!

New Contributor

I got a problem that is kind of similar whenever I open the BB media sync it opens the window then I get the message from windows vista that the program stopped working I am operating windows vista and have a BB storm and upgraded to the 5.0 desktop manager I just got the phone a week ago and was familirizing myself with the BB before I jump into the DM I dont like the Rhapsody option or the media manager so I would like to get this media sync working. Can anyone help??
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Media Sync through DTM ONLY works with Roxio. If you don't like Roxio (who can blame you?), then you'll have to enable mass storage mode and synchronize your media files with Windows.

And, since this thread was resolved months ago, I would suggest starting a new thread in the future.