Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Media Sync and Windows 7 Beta

I recently downloaded the new Windows 7 Beta from Microsoft and set my computer up as a dual boot system (along side Vista) just to check it out and experiment. One of the issues i've noticed is that some installation programs do not recognize Windows 7 as a supported OS (no surprise here since it is just a Beta) even though it is more or less, Vista. One of these installation programs is the installer for Blackberry Media Sync. Was just wondering if anyone might have information on how to get around this, or, if RIM is working on updates to support the new OS. I know this is more an issue with Windows than it is with RIM, but it would be nice if RIM included the OS as an option. Thanks for your time, cheers to all.
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Media Sync and Windows 7 Beta

I got it working by doing the following:

1.  Save BlackBerryMediaSync.exe to a folder.

2.  Right click BlackBerryMediaSync.exe and select "Troubleshoot Compability"

3.  Hit next and when you come to the What Problems do you notice window, select "The program worked in an earlier version of windows" and hit Next.

4.  Select "Windows Vista" and hit next.

This should run without issue now.

This suggestion worked wonderfully. I have a Blackberry 8700c using the latest version of Desktop Manager on Windows 7 and it came off without a hitch!!! Great Suggestion!! BTW, I'm loving Windows 7!!!  Smiley Happy

The solution posted still failed to solve the issue.  I can not sync Blackberry on Windows 7 and had the same problem with Vista.  Spent days on the phone with both BB and Dell to try to solve this issue to no avail.  Any other suggestions.  I can sync on windows XP

My Device: blackberry 8310
My Carrier: Brasil

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: ATT

OK guys I am not a geek I have no idea how to do this stuff.  But it is Jan 2011 and I could not get my new laptop to recognize the Blackberry Curve 9700 so I could sync it up.   What I did to solve this is I synced up the device with my old desktop, which I had not done in over 6 months after I had a hard drive crash on a laptop.  Whatever happened, the device ended up with  a bunch of new software on it and when I put it on the new laptop it synced up just fine.  I don't know if this will help anybody but I hope so.