Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Messenger Contact List Problem after reinstalling software (format)!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I ll try to give the whole story...

I was notified by the desctop software that there are updates for my bb concerning core applications etc! I did that but for some reason it deleted quite a lot of applications...! Anyway I managed to reinstall the whole software from scratch! My problem is that I completely lost all my contacts from my BB Mesenger! I do not have any backup because of some desctop problems and had to format! I thought that there is no need to keep pin numbers as I believed it would be like Windows messengers where contact list is saved online! BUT NOOOO !!! I lost contacts of some true VIPs at least for me...! And I would not be very keen to ask for it again...! Can somebody help pleaseeeee...

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Message Edited by gAfaS on 02-15-2009 06:36 AM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Messenger Contact List Problem after reinstalling software (format)!

I'm sorry to say if you have any backup then there is no option get those back!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Messenger Contact List Problem after reinstalling software (format)!

Actually I just checked and I only have a full backup from the end of november... is there anyway to get only the blackberry messenger contacts and not all contacts and all application data etc etc..

\thanks for the quick reply...!

New Contributor

Yeap I partially did it...! Thanks though!!! THE PROBLEM NOW IS THAT ON THAT BACKUP I ONLY HAD MY FRIENDS... NOT MY BELOVED VIPS !!! OHH MY GOD !!!

Anyway thanks again ! Smiley Very Happy